Understanding the effects of childhood sexual abuse
CHOICES is offering an opportunity for counsellors and therapists working within private practice, statutory and voluntary agencies, and those in their final year of study at Diploma level, to extend their knowledge and understanding of working with the effects of childhood sexual abuse in the counselling room.
This experiential course runs over six Saturdays and aims to:
- increase knowledge and understanding of issues around childhood sexual abuse and its effects
- provide tools, information and resources for working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- explore issues around male and female sexuality
- increase participants’ awareness of their own perceptions of sexual abuse and sexual violence
- provide information on the work of CHOICES
- give participants skills and confidence to work in this specialist area
- provide tools for brief therapy and dealing with disclosure
- 30 hours CPD
- provide information on becoming a volunteer counsellor for CHOICES
Sessions will take place in Peterborough on 28 January,
4/25 February and 4/18/25 March.
Price: £375 (may be paid in instalments)
Volunteer placement opportunities are available. Applicants who are accepted will be refunded 100% of the course fees.
For more information, please call CHOICES on 01223 358149 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org