CHOICES runs training courses for trainee, newly-qualified and experienced counsellors who wish to extend their knowledge and understanding of working with the effects of childhood sexual abuse in the counselling room.
This experiential course usually runs over six Saturdays and aims to:
- increase knowledge and understanding of issues around childhood sexual abuse and its effects
- provide tools, information and resources for working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- explore issues around male and female sexuality
- increase participants’ awareness of their own perceptions of sexual abuse and sexual violence
- provide information on the work of CHOICES
- give participants skills and confidence to work in this specialist area
- provide tools for brief therapy and dealing with disclosure
- 30 hours CPD
- provide information on becoming a volunteer counsellor for CHOICES
Courses will run in Fenland and Cambridge this year.
Volunteer placement opportunities are available.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org