“Understanding the effects of childhood sexual abuse”
CHOICES runs training courses for trainee, newly-qualified and experienced counsellors who wish to extend their knowledge and understanding of working with the effects of childhood sexual abuse in the counselling room.
“Brilliant six days (training) that is transferable to other aspects of my counselling.”
This experiential course aims to:
- increase knowledge and understanding of issues around childhood sexual abuse and its effects
- provide tools, information and resources for working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- explore issues around male and female sexuality
- increase participants’ awareness of their own perceptions of sexual abuse and sexual violence
- explain the physiological and psychological effects of trauma
- give participants skills and confidence to work in this specialist area
- provide tools for brief therapy and dealing with disclosure
- 30 hours CPD
- provide information on the work of CHOICES and on becoming a volunteer counsellor
The next course, to be held in the early summer in March over the following six Saturdays:
Saturday 8 June 2019; 10-4pm
Saturday 15 June 2019; 10-4pm
Saturday 29 June 2019; 10-4pm
Saturday 6 July 2019; 10-4pm
Saturday 20 July 2019; 10-4pm
Saturday 27 July 2019; 10-4pm
Priority, on this course, will be given to people who are able to take up placements in the Fenland and Peterborough area.
We will also run an Autumn 2019 course in south Cambridgeshire. Dates to follow. Volunteer placement opportunities will be available subject to funding.
For more information and to register your interest please email email@example.com