The next course will run in Autumn 2023 (10 – 4pm) on the following Saturdays:
7th & 14th October
4th & 11th November
25th November and 2nd December
The venue is to be confirmed in either Huntingdon or Ely.
The cost of the six-day course remains £399 for 30 hours of CPD. Student counsellor placements are available subject to successful completion of the course.
For more information and to register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Understanding the effects of childhood sexual abuse”
CHOICES run training courses for trainee, newly-qualified and experienced counsellors who wish to extend their knowledge and understanding of working with the effects of childhood sexual abuse in the counselling room.
“Brilliant six days (training) that is transferable to other aspects of my counselling.”
This experiential course runs over six Saturdays and aims to:
- increase knowledge and understanding of issues around childhood sexual abuse and its effects
- consider the experience and impact of CSA from the child’s perspective
- explore CSA as ‘trauma’, including its impact on the brain and physiology, and the implications for working therapeutically with this
- provide tools, information and resources for working long term with survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- provide tools for brief therapy and dealing with disclosure
- increase participants skills and confidence to work in this specialist area
- Provide 30 hours CPD