Understanding the effects of Childhood Sexual Abuse
The course objectives are:
- to increase knowledge and understanding of issues around childhood sexual abuse and its effects
- to provide tools, information and resources for working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- to explore issues around male and female sexuality
- to increase participants’ awareness of their own perceptions of sexual abuse and sexual violence
- to give participants skills and confidence to work in this specialist area
- to provide tools for brief therapy and dealing with disclosure
- to provide information on the work of CHOICES
- 30 hours CPD
- to provide information on becoming a volunteer counsellor for CHOICES
The next course will run in Cambridge over six Saturdays in 2017:
13th and 20th May, 10th and 17th June, 1st and 8th July.
Payment by instalments is possible.
Volunteer placement opportunities are available. Applicants who are accepted will be refunded 100% of the course fees.
For information and further details please email
or write to us at:
Choices Counselling Alex Wood Hall Norfolk Street Cambridge CB1 2LD
or telephone 01223 358149